Tuesday 19 June 2007

Dream a little dream

For 12 weeks a year I get fantastic full-colour film quality dreams.
This week (Bye then!) I was in a boat without sails going round in circles planning to sail around the UK and wondering whether to (Yup, OK seeya, call ya soon) head off northwards, or to go down the West side first then save rounding the top till, (ciao bella) till the end.
Then I got out of the boat and was standing in the harbour and this enormous whale erupted from the water and just kept on rising higher and higher till it was as big as the hill behind it. I was afeared that when it crashed back down all the water would empty out of the bay. As it began to sink down I could see the water coming in slow motion so I turned my back on it, hunched my shoulders and put my hood up. But when it came it wasn't too bad after all.
Then I had (oo just you and me, then?) a round black box in my left hand and I had to open it up and shake out all the crabs of different sizes that had been splashed out of the water. The biggest (bye?) fell on its back and I had to turn it over so it could scuttle away. Hum. Um.
The next night I took a trip back to the place where I grew up .....
PS:Chris van Nus are you avoiding me?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that sounds very positive to me - you're nervous about some enormous problem erupting into your life but when it finally appears you find it's easier to cope with than you thought.

Vegetarian note: glad you returned the crabs to the water and didn't have them for dinner....

bye bye bellulah said...

That's so much more helpful and positive than the smutty doom-mongering interpretations I've had so far. Thanks!